In early April, the Mission Creek Festival enriches your festival experience with music, film, comedy, tech, literature, food, and more. For six days, Iowa City turns it’s downtown into a hub of experiences for festival goers. Each year they always try and top their previous year’s festival, so you can look forward to new experiences. Getting tickets can be tricky so here we will give you a few tips a tricks to help you out.
Knowing when tickets go on sale
Before you can buy tickets you need to know when they will go on sale. There are two things you can do to find out:
- Sign up for the Festival newsletter to receive emails about tickets. (On the main page)
- Follow the on Facebook and Twitter for upcoming festival information.
Buying your tickets
When tickets become available you’ll either want to get individual event passes or a full festival pass to attend. You can get those here.
- Individual event ticket $8 – $40
- Festival Pass $164 – This pass will grant you access to all Mission Creek ticketed performances. You will always be granted admission to the Englert Theatre and Hancher, entrance to other venues will be subject to capacity. Special culinary events are not included in the festival pass and require an additional ticket.
You’ve got your tickets – now what?
- If you plan on bringing anyone under the age of 19 you should be wary of which venues are 19+ after 10.
- Research artists and presenters in the case of inappropriate content for younger attendees.
- Travelling out of town? Be sure to book your accomodations well in advance to the festival.
- Parking will be on the lots found around Iowa City and will most likely be first come first served.
- Before you plan on taking a bus be sure to check if the bus you need to take runs after your shows each night.
Questions on any matters concerning the festival? Ask us at email@example.com.