The Ohio State Fair will take place on July 26th through August 6th this year, prime summer time, and it’s getting us excited for all things fair related. The Ohio Fair brags over 30 different types of food on a stick ranging from Fair favorites like corn dog, candied apples and cotton candy to more adventurous options like chocolate-dipped cheesecake, deep-friend manicotti and chicken and waffles! We have pulled together some useful tips and tricks to help you find out how to get tickets and to make the most of your trip to the fair.
Before you can go gallivanting off to rides and eat tons of carnival food you need tickets into the fair. To get tickets you need to know when and where they go on sale. As of right now, we know that tickets will be available at the main gate for admission into the fair and that the festival days will be July 26th – August 6th . To find out for sure if tickets will only be available at the front gate we should sign up for their eNews to be the first to hear all information concerning concert line-ups, competition updates, ticket sale dates, and anything else regarding the fair.
- Adult: $10
- Senior 60+: $8
- Children 5-12: $8
- Children under 5: FREE
- Advance ticket sale: $6
- Parking: $5
At the Ohio State fair coupons are the best way to get discounts on food , shopping, and other goodies. Usually there are plenty of vendor coupons available here that you can print before you head to the fair. There are also a few other discount offers that help get you in for cheaper than normal admission prices such as:
- Opening Day Wednesday, July 26th – Admission can be as low as $3 on the first day of the fair until 3 PM.
- At a participating Kroger you can get $6 tickets until August 6th
- Kroger Feeds Ohio Day – Thursday, July 27th – If you bring two canned food items per person to a booth outside the gate you can receive a voucher good for #3 admission before 4 pm.
- Veterans and Military Day – Sunday, July 30th – All veterans and active duty military will receive free admission with ID.
- NBC4 Family Value Day – Monday, July 31st – Adults will be admitted at the kids admission price and kids under 12 get in free until 6 pm. If you purchase a wristband another rider can ride free until 6 pm with a hand stamp. (Official date will be announced at a later time)
- National Church Residences’ Senior Day – Tuesday, August 1st – Seniors age 60+ get admission at $4 all day long. (Official date will be announced at a later time)
- AAA Member Day – Thursday, August 3rd – Show your membership card at a booth outside to get $4 admission vouchers for each member of your party. Show your membership card at the AAA ice cream tent in Central Park and get one free school of ice cream between 2-4 pm. (Official date will be announced at a later time)
- Pepsi Day – Sunday, August 6th – Bring any empty Pepsi product to a booth outside the gates for a $3 admission voucher for every member in your party before 3 pm. (Official date will be announced at a later time)
In advance to your trip to the fair, you and a large group can get tickets for $4-$6 on their group rate. All you have to do it fill out a consignment purchase order form and mail it in to the fair. With their new plan that started last year you pay after you attend for only those who actually went. You can also reserve catered picnics if your group if desired!
All rides are open between 10 am – 11 pm on weekdays and on Friday and Saturday are open until midnight. Each ride has a set cost which makes having a ride wristband helpful. If you plan on riding a lot of rides we suggest buying the all day wristbands to optimize the amount of rides you can ride for the day.
- Ride-all-day wristband vouchers: $25
- Advance wristband sale: $20
- Wed, July 26th 7:00 PM – McGuffey Lane and Ohio born musicians
- Thurs, July 27th 6:30 PM – KIDS Bop
- Fri, July 28th 7:30 PM – BWB Jazz Jam
- Sat, July 29th 7:00 PM – Alabama
- Sun, July 30th 1:00 PM – All Ohio State Fair Band & Youth Choir Concert
- Sun, July 30th 7:30 PM – Gabriel Iglesias
- Mon, July 31st 7:00 PM – King & Country
- Tues, Aug 1st 1:00 PM – The Carpenters Tribute
- Tues, Aug 1st 7:30 PM – Cole Swindell
- Wed, Aug 2nd 7:00 PM – George Thorogood
- Thurs, Aug 3rd 7:00 PM – Rascal Flatts
- Fri, Aug 4th 7:30 PM – Joe with Ro James and Kevin Ross
- Sat, Aug 5th 7:00 PM – Pentatonix
- Sun, Aug 6th 2:00 PM – Sale of Champions Livestock Auction
That’s everything you should know where and how to get tickets to the fair. If you have any questions or concerns please let us know at email@example.com