The California State Fair takes place on July 14th – 30th, 2016-7 and is a great deal of fun for everyone of all ages! Enjoy your time with family and friends at the rides, games, and other amusements. Around the fairground there is a monorail that can be enjoyed throughout the duration of the fair. You’ll find all kinds of fun like musical performances, horse races, animals, rides, exhibits, sports, shopping, food and so much more! To help you get tickets for this years fair we’ve put together a few tips that will help.
** Discount and front row tickets to the Toyota Concert Series are now on presale exclusively with the code: CSFairFB! **
Know when tickets go on sale
The key to getting tickets to any big event is knowing when they go on sale. This can be tricky since the only way to know when they do go on sale is to sign up for their newsletter. You can also sign up to receive news about entertainment, food, animals, educational exhibits, horse racing, wine, craft beer, ride and more when signing up. They want to make your subscriptions built to your interests so that when you receive your emails it’ll only be about the stuff you want to know about. Don’t forget to follow the fair on Twitter and Facebook to make sure you don’t miss anything.
What kind of ticket?
Knowing what kind of ticket to get is part of the whole preparation process. If you know what you want beforehand then your checkout will go so much faster.
- Adult Daily Admission
- Senior Daily Admission (62+)
- Youth Daily Admission
- Child Day Admission (4 and under)
- Ride wristband (Mon – Thurs)
- Ride wristband (Fri – Sun)
- Auto Parking
- Coupon Book
- Best of California Brewfest – VIP
- Best of California Brewfest – General Admission
- Family Fun Pack: 4 daily admission tickets, 4 carnival or monorail rides and 1 day parking pass.
- Blue Ribbon Season Pass: Can be used for daily admission to the fair, Raging Waters, and unlimited monorail rides. Access to horse racing reserved seating. A coupon book will also be given.
- Sate Fair Season Pass: Valid for daily admission to the fair and Raging Waters.
- Horse Racing Season Box Seats: Six seats daily in a private box, one sponsored race, six programs per day, one parking pass and six fair admission tickets for any day.
- Sponsored Horse Races: Six box seats and programs at one named race, six fair admission tickets, sponsor naming in the program, commemorative photo in winners circle , custom sponsor message on message board, sponsor name announced before the race, and an upgrade to Turf Club seating for an additional fee.
- Daily Horse Racing Box Seat: One Box seat and one ticket to fair admission.
Discounted ticket opportunities:
- Fridays: July 8th, 15th and 22nd Seniors (62+) can get $2 off admission
- Tuesdays July 12th and 19th rides are $2 for all ages and kids under 12 get in free.
- July 14th all military personnel get admission free with ID.
- July 21st all first responders and law enforcement get free admission with ID.
Get those tickets
You should be ready to get those tickets! If you purchase your tickets before July 7th then you’ll be able to get discounts on all single tickets and bundles. Any tickets bought after that will be at a normal price. If you are planning on bringing the family, be sure to get enough tickets for everyone. If you want to go with friends coordinate your ticket purchases so you can all do the same things together!
To help you make sure you make the best of your trip to the fair here are a few more things to look at:
- Parking at Cal Expo is $10 a day (Cash only).
- Bicycle parking is available at the Blue Gate, Main Gate and Gate 12.
- If you need a scooter or wheelchair make your reservations online.
- You can bring coolers into the fair – just know it will be searched.
- Lockers are available at the East, Main and West Gates.
Concerts coming to the California State Fair
- July 8: Salt N Peppa with Spinderella
- July 10: Sebastian Maniscalco
- July 11: Chaka Khan
- July 12: Journey Revisted – reliving the glory days of Journey
- July 13: Tower of Power
- July 14: Parmalee
- July 15: Creedence Clearwater Revisited
- July 16: Queen Nation – A tribute to the music of Queen
- July 17: Dwight Yoakam
- July 18: Styx
- July 19: Matchbox Twenty
- July 21: Lincoln Brewster
- July 22: Don Felder
- July 23: Joe Nichols
Have any questions? Ask us at email@example.com.